Welcome to your 1 Peter Bible Study.
How can you be holy within an immoral culture? How do you function in a society where Christians are an oppressed minority?
We’ll tackle these important questions and more in this 8-week 1 Peter Bible Study.
1 Peter recognizes the difficulties that Christians encounter when living in a society that opposes their values. Thus, it is highly relevant for Christians living in a modern society.
However, 1 Peter does not call for disconnecting yourself from society. Neither does it counsel self-pity. Rather, 1 Peter reminds believers that their identity in Christ:
- Seals them for heaven
- Calls them to a healthy engagement with the culture
- Demands a personal and social ethic that reflects God’s holiness
Steps to Prepare for Your Study
Follow these steps to make the most of your 1 Peter Bible study:
- If you are leading this study consider completing our Guide for Bible Study Leaders. This manual provides 5 tips for maximizing the impact of any Bible study.
- Read an introduction to 1 Peter in a study Bible. Check out my Bible Study Tools page for recommendations.
- Study the 1 Peter Outline (online or PDF). Notice where the natural divisions occur.
- Read 1 Peter through in one sitting. Keep a notebook handy to jot down questions, ideas and applications.
- Optional: Complete our How to Study a Book of The Bible lessons with 1 Peter.